Sunday, April 29, 2012
Week Three
This week, it's all about you (well, for 15 minutes a day anyway!) Here's this week's wildcard: Treat yourself -- do something for 15 minutes each day to take care of yourself. Take a bubble bath, read a magazine, talk on the phone with a friend . . . anything you want, just do it for 15!
For this week's blog posting, share a recipe for your favorite dessert/cookie/goodie. If you want, make it for yourself this week and enjoy it as your one treat per day -- or if you're feeling like it, share a plate of your favorite yummy with a fellow challenger!
Have a wonderful week. It's been great to hear from some of you that you're having fun/finding success. Love that.
Hugs,
Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know that I have a favorite goodie, I love so many, but here is a great recipe that is my Grandmother's Small Chocolate Cake.
ReplyDelete1 cup Sugar
1 tsp. soda
1/2 cup shortening
dash salt
2 eggs
3 Tbs. cocoa
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup hot water
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix all ingredients and pour into a square greased pan. Bake at 350 for approx. 30 minutes. I love to put a bit of whipped cream on the top when it is still warm from the oven. Yummy!
I love these bars - the recipe comes from my Mother and I have fond memories associated with them. I try not to make them too often unless I am taking them somewhere :)
ReplyDeleteToffee Bars
1 c. butter (no substitutes)
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 c. flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. finely chopped nuts
4 chocolate bars
Cream butterm sugar, egg and vanilla. Add flour. Spread on flat baking sheet or stone (ungreased) 1/4" thick. Bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees. While warm from the oven break apart chocolate and place on bars. As it melts, spread evenly. Top with chopped nuts. Cool and serve!
Emily
My mom makes homemade ice cream every summer on the July 24th holiday (in Salt Lake of course). It is called Three Fruits Ice Cream, and you can use any three fruits, but our favorite are lemon, orange, and banana.
ReplyDelete--Three Fruits Ice Cream--
juice of 4 lemons
juice of 4 oranges
3 bananas
3 cups sugar
1 quart half&half
1 can evaporated milk
3-4 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients in blender and pour into 6 quart ice cream can.
Add 1 pint whipping cream and enough milk to fill 3/4 full.
Run ice cream maker until stops.
Katie
These Banana Bread cookies are from my mother in law. The kids love them. I can never eat just one. They never last very long.
ReplyDelete3/4 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup smashed bananas
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup walnuts optional. I don't like nuts in anything so I leave them out.
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs. Add smashed bananas. Mix well. Add dry ingredients. Add nuts last.
Bake 15 min at 350 degree oven.
LOVE all treats, but these are my favorite of all time, ever:
ReplyDelete7 layer bars:
In a 9X13 pan, melt 1/2 cup butter, then mix with about 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs. Press crumbs into bottom of pan to make a crust.
Sprinkle with 1 cup of butterscotch chips, 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup coconut. Then evenly pour a can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until gold and bubbly.
Cool, cut into squares and serve.
YUMMO
Little Lemon Cookies:
ReplyDeleteCookie:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup cornstarch
1 cup flour
Frosting:
1/4 cup melted butter
2 T. fresh lemon juice
rind of one lemon
2-3 cups powdered sugar
Cream sugar and butter. Stir in cornstarch and flour. Drop by teaspoonfuls on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes. Cool. Combine frosting ingredients and spread on cooled cookies.
Yum!
These are a favorite around my house. However, beware! I would swear they were drugged if I didn't make them from scratch. They are very addictive! YUM!
ReplyDeleteWhite Chocolate Cranberry Cookies (2-3 dozen large cookies)
–from the Sweet Additions cookbook
4 cups flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
5 cups oats
1 lb. butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
4 cups white chocolate chips
3 cups dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and oats. In a separate large mixing bowl, cram together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and milk. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and cranberries and incorporate into dough.
Using a small ice cram scooper or table spoon, form dough into balls, and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
I'm a chocoholic. Here's what I just made tonight:
ReplyDeleteHot Fudge
1 1/2 sticks butter
2/3 c cocoa
2 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 can evap milk
Melt butter, whisk in dry ingred alternately with milk. Bring to a boil, simmer to thicken. Refrigerate what you dont eat.
Sorry ifbthis is the same recipe I submitted in the other challenge. I can't remember...
From Angela R.:
ReplyDeleteDouble Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Nestle
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 9 minutes
Yields: 40 cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups Nestle Toll House Baking Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) Nestle toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chunks. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set but still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.