Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week Two

This week, you'll get a point each day for doing a kindness to a member of your family. Anyone you're related to is fair game -- husband, kids, parents, siblings, cousins -- whoever. What you do is up to you and how much time you have. You can even do things long distance like send a note in the mail or have a skype conversation. It's up to you how time consuming these kindnesses are, but do try to make them something a little out of the ordinary. This could be something as simple as playing a board game with one of your children or putting their favorite dessert in their lunchbox. Of course if you're interested in doing something more elaborate, that's awesome too!

For this week's comment posts, tell us about your family. I'd love to hear about your family of origin (where did you grow up, how many siblings do you have, etc) as well as your family now.

Have a wonderful week!

Lisa

18 comments:

  1. I was born and rasied here in Colorado. I am #4 of eight children, 5 boys and 3 girls.
    I have 6 children -- Madeline (11), Savanna (9), Chrisitan (7), Emma (5), Clark (3) and Faye (5 months).
    We are one loud bunch!
    happy week two.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in New Jersey, moved to Canada at age 3 months, lived there until 8, then moved to Italy, then back to Canada, then to Italy, then France for a few years, then finally I moved to the US at 21 to go to BYU and I've been here ever since. My father is Italian and my mother is American, of German parents. I have one brother who lives in Montreal. I think because of this international background I'm pretty open-minded about a lot of things and I love meeting people who come from other countries--not that there are many of them here in Castle Pines, tee hee hee. I am married to my Utah boy, Sean, and have three children ages 10-14. I look forward to learning more about you!
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born in Salt Lake but raised in Northern California. I am the oldest of five children (three younger sisters and one younger brother). My husband is from the SF Bay area like me, but we didn't meet until we were both living in Salt Lake. We've been married almost 14 years and have three kids: Sam (10), Ben (8), and Nora (7). They like it when I do a challenge because they say I'm nicer, the house is cleaner and I'm more inclined to make treats for them. :)

    Lisa C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was born and raised in the small, non-Mormon community of Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm the 4th of 6 kids (4 girls, two boys). I met my husband at BYU (he's also from a gentile city--Provo, Utah), and we have 5 (yes, FIVE) daughters, ages 11 to 1, and no sons. It always makes me a little sad to say that last part...until I think about all those years of scouts I'm avoiding with my girls. Then I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born in Fort Hood, Texas and my family moved around a lot when I was young, Provo; Cheyenne, WY; Leoti, KS; Estes Park, CO, Evergreen, CO but I graduated from Wheat Ridge High School in Golden, CO. I am the oldest of 3. I have a brother and a sister. My husband and I met on a blind date (his aunt worked with my mom) and we have been married 17 years. We have three girls, Anna (11), Katie (9) and Emi (2).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was born in Logan, Utah. I went to BYU-I or (Ricks) and got my nursing degree. I moved down to Salt Lake City and worked for 7 years living the single life. My friends and I decided to go on a "Single's Cruise", and this is where I met my husband... :) We didn't actually start dating for another year afterwards. We kinda took our time, but finally got married and moved here as newlyweds 2 years ago. My husband is from Kalamazoo Michigan. We don't have any kids yet, but we love to borrow all of our friends kids! We have loved Colorado and are excited to see what else is in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving every few years is how I grew up. Berkeley, CA. Portland and Beaverton, OR. Butte, MT. Bellevue (Omaha) NE. BYU for college. A mission in Chile. I'm the 2nd of 4 kids and now my husband and I have 5 of our own. Two boys three girls ages 7,9,11, 15, 19. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was born in Salt Lake City, the second of five kids, 4 girls 1 boy. They are still my best friends! I met my husband, Curtis, at BYU in one of our Civil Engineering classes we had together. We moved to Colorado, where he grew up, after graduating and have been here ever since. We have twin daughters, age 11 Lauren and Camille, and a son, age 6 Ben.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am the third of five children, 4 girls and 1 boy. I was born in Boston, MA. My family moved a couple of years later to Portsmouth, Rhode Island, where we stayed until I began the first grade. From that time on, I grew up in Batesville, Indiana, a rural, German Catholic town of 5,000 inhabitants. It was small, but a good place to grow up with good people. I went to college at BYU in Utah, served a mission in Belgium & France, and graduated in French teaching and humanities. I moved to Lakewood, Colorado in 2001 to teach French in Jefferson County and planned to move to Boston after one year there. However, I met my husband via the singles ward and, since he is Colorado through & through, here we have stayed. In the, almost, nine years that we have been married we have lived in Lakewood, Broomfield, Carbondale (up near Aspen), and now here in the Lone Tree area for the past three years. Apparently, we like to move around Colorado. We have four children, (2 girls & 2 boys); Genevieve 5, Brooks 2, and our twins Parker & Madeleine who are 9 months old today. Life is pretty crazy for us, but we love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was born and raised in Knoxville, TN, the youngest and only girl of three. Met my husband senior year in high school, but didn't date until about 6 years later. We got married after we both graduated from college - me BYU, him University of Tennessee. We have been married for 23 years and have 3 children, oldest is a 10 year old boy, and 5 and 7 year-old girls. All three of my children are adopted which is why we are more "mature" parents - and I mean that strictly regarding gray hair, age and no energy! The two girls are actually full biological sisters! During all those years of no children, I did several things; photographer, graphic artist, web developer, project manager...now I'm a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom! Talk about a change in lifestyle...but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I grew up an army brat. I was born in Frankfurt Germany. I lived in 11 houses before I left for college in places like Japan, Texas, Massachusetts and Arizona. I have 1 older brother who taught me to play every sport imaginable. With all the moving we did he was my best friend. He died in an accident 17 months ago. I met my husband Dennis at Lake Powell. He is an engineer who just quit his job several weeks ago. In our almost 19 yrs of marriage we have lived in 12 houses. I never decorate a house cuz I'm always moving. I have 4 children:Haley 17 (will be attending BYU Hawaii in the fall, Brian 15, Jason 12, and Justin 10.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was born in Salt Lake City, moved to Littleton, Colorado when I was 2, lived here in Colorado until I was 14. We then moved to Houston, Texas where I finished high school. I am the youngest of 4 kids. I graduated front the University of Utah, met my husband a couple years after I graduated in a singles ward. We have been married for 13 years and have lived in Salt Lake, Missoula, Montana, Portland, Oregon and just moved back to Colorado 4 months ago. I have 5 children: Baylee (11), Jake (9), Sydney (6), Brynley (3 in 2 weeks) and Mason (almost 8 weeks.) I love doing this challenge and feeling a part of something awesome here in Colorado.

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was born and raised in Powell Wyoming which is a small town of about 5,000 near Cody Wyoming. I am the only girl in my family. I have one older brother and 2 younger brothers. I left Powell as soon as I graduated from High School and headed for the big city of Denver where I lived for a year. I then went to Utah to go to college and ended up meeting my husband Rich who is from Kalamazoo Michigan. After Rich graduated from BYU we moved to Colorado for his first job and have been here ever since. We have been married for 19 years and I work from home taking care of our 3 children: Lia (11), Eric & Kate (7).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was born in Boulder CO and moved around a little until I was 5 (Loveland CO, Vernal UT, Green River WY). I was raised in Lafayette CO (10 miles East of Boulder). I am the oldest of 6 girls (yes, 6 girls, 0 boys). I grew up with 3 sisters; #5 was born my jr year of high school; and #6 was born a year after I was married. Since we have such a HUGE range in ages, we have a really fun and interesting dynamic when we all get together. All of us sisters are best friends (especially the 4 adult girls)-it's amazing and fantastic!

    I went to Ricks College and after graduating, came home to CU Boulder to finish my degree. I met my husband (also a CO native) @ CU and we've been married for 11 years. We lived in Superior (think Flatiron Crossing mall) for about 3 years and have been here in CP for over 7 years. We have 3 energetic boys: 7, 4, and 18 months.
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  15. I grew up in West Jordan next door to my grandparent's home (my family has lived in the same spot in some form for over eighty years). My parents still live in the house that I grew up in and one of my sisters lives in my grandparent's home. I am the oldest of seven girls. I've lived in Colorado since 1996 except for three wonderful years in England. I met my husband in Salt Lake (we worked in the same office). We now have three great kids-two boys, ages 11 and 9, and a daughter who is 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. West Jordan, for those who don't know, is a suburb of Salt Lake City, not part of a political hot spot in the middle east.

      Delete
  16. From Angela R.:

    I am the oldest 4 children and was born in Tacoma, Washington. After living in Portland and the Seattle areas, we moved to Colorado when I was 10. I went to BYU, served a mission in Argentina, married Mark and then we settled in Roseville, Ca for 11 years. While there we had our 5 children: Lexi (12), Josh (10), Myles (8) and Cade and Carter (5). We moved here almost two years ago. Although I'm not native, I consider myself a Colorado girl and love the weather, the mountains and the people.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Oh Canada our home and native land........" Although both my husband and I have lived here in Colorado for almost 13 years we are constantly reminded by the rest of our families that our roots are in Canada. However, we love it here and consider Colorado the best kept secret when it comes to places to live. I am #4 out 5 children and grew up in Edmonton Alberta Canada. I lived in the same house my whole life and had a fun, busy, loud, memorable childhood. My husband Ben & I have 4 fantastic children Lexi 11, Hannah 9, Trevor 6 and Camille 3. I am learning everyday to find joy in the journey of Motherhood.

    ReplyDelete