Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week 8 -- Farewell!!!

This is it, friends! The last week. Let's see if we can finish strong. For this week's wildcard, you are the master of your own fate. Choose any of the previous week's wildcards, or create one of your own. The only stipulation is that you must do the same wildcard all week. For this week's posting, please tell us what you've enjoyed/valued about the challenge. I have, as always, loved doing this and getting to know y'all a bit better. What a wonderful group of friends to be surrounded by! Big winner announced next Monday. Good luck to all of you. Hugs, Lisa

11 comments:

  1. I have loved this challenge because it has helped me get back on track after having a baby 3 months ago. It has helped me form healthy habits I will continue on after this challenge that make me a better mommy to my 5 kids. Thanks for letting me be apart of this challenge, I have loved every minute of it and hope to join more challenges in the future.

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this challenge because I discovered that I have some will power. The hardest point each day is the savoring one small treat. I have a huge sweet tooth and I also turn to sweets as comfort food when I get stressed. Last month I went to many graduation parties and was able to turn my back on all the goodies. I have had soccer parties and tennis matches where they bring yummy desserts and I was able to just say no. We've had 2 birthdays and a graduation and we've had so many desserts in the house staring at me but I just ignored them all,except for the key lime pie. I have had some treats but most days I hold out in case something really good comes along and usually nothing does. I did go to the movies and I couldn't sit there and not eat the popcorn and at the Rockies game I had to have my Cracker jacks. When I get stressed I can turn to other things, like reading the scriptures. I can't believe how far I've gotten in the Book of Mormon when you don't skip days. This has been great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked just having some focus and keeping the things in the back of my mind helped to not let the days just spiral like they sometimes can. I did discover, however, that I am better off not eating ANY treat because the stopping at one small treat is just too difficult for me. It was also a good lesson to not just quit even if some days are tough. I had a couple of weeks that were just icky and I could barely get 2 points per day. But the challenge items weren't so daunting that I could just keep plugging along despite those couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need the one treat rule in my life. I still sometimes blow it and I have been dreaming of treats when the challenge ends. But it is something I should stick to. I love these challenges so much that I am doing one for my girls this summer. I made some really cute point tracker books for them, which helps in the motivation. I have an almost 3 year old and we have been trying to potty train her with no luck. So I made it one of her goals. We just started this week, but she is doing great! My older girls love it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not have great self control when it comes to treats, but when I have a group of people that are working on the same thing, I do better. I have been able to forgo most treats during this challenge, and found that it is not as hard to say no to treats as it used to be. I also like that this challenge makes these simple things a part of each day, and I will continue to think about them when it is over. My twin girls also did the challenge along with me, and I loved that they were choosy about their treat for the day and worked really hard to eat more veggies each day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also like having the one-treat-a-day rule. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's blog posts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has been a great experience! I love the 1 treat a day, I have such a sweet tooth, i'd sneak a treat all day long! I also loved the wildcards... It's also always nice to have a little competition- even if it's with yourself to get more points than the last week. Thanks for putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the push to improve things in my life. Positive peer pressure can be a great thing! I have been healthier about my eating choices, improved my exercise (although that was my toughest point to consistently earn throughout the challenge), and definitely improved my scripture study. I will be working to continue these improvements through the summer. Thank you, Lisa, for leading this challenge for all of us! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked that this was a basic overall wellness challenge- that it wasn't just exercising/eating right; or just strictly mental/emotional heath- but that it was a little bit of everything. I also really liked that all the possible points were totally attainable-that none of the categories were too big of a task to tackle by themselves everyday.

    I've been trying to be more focused on getting in better physical shape for a couple of months before we began this challenge; but I wasn't always great about exercising EVERYDAY. This challenge has helped me stick to it everyday! I also discovered that I'm more competitive than I thought I was. Also, I finished the Book of Mormon durning this challenge, and have begun to read it again.

    Most of all, I rediscovered the importance of setting goals. I'm not great with goals in general, so this challenge has helped me set daily goals and then work to complete them. The daily aspect of specifically setting and working towards completing goals has been a great exercise for me and one that I hope I can continue.

    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun to read what everyone has written. I love doing these challenges and getting to know people a little better.
    I'm going to remind everyone that they need to update their point totals and then we'll announce the big winner!!

    Lisa C.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have loved the weekly challenges. I think challenges stick better for me when someone else thinks them up. It has been fun to get to know others better with blogging. I have really enjoyed the challenge thank you Lisa.

    ReplyDelete